HOW to SAVE your Teenager child from SUBSTANCE ABUSE.
My TEN COMMANDMENTS
- Never DRINK ALCOHOL or use TOBACCO in any form, when you have children in your family. They ADORE YOU as well as your Addiction patterns. Imitating you at a later age, becomes quite natural for them. Subconsciously the seeds of BAD HABITS are sown in the child, without you ever realizing it.
- Always HUG your children 🤗🤗 and ensure good EYE CONTACT 😒😳 with them. Note whether they like it. 👍🏻👍🏻✅
- Educate them, how their friends can influence them with various drugs / vices – by prompting to HAVE A TRY . Your child must be primed with the know-how of POPULAR TRENDS in Friend Circle Parties.
- KNOW your child’s FRIEND CIRCLE and invite them at home regularly to ensure that they are ideal friends for your child. Treat his friends with affection and LIKED SNACKS – even if it costs dearly. Your child would LOVE YOU for this nice gesture. He will respond with GOOD MANNERS with your same-age Colleagues and Relatives, in return.
- Monitor the HYGIENE and TOILET HABITS of your child and never overlook any DEVIATIONS from previous patterns.
- Monitor his new preference for PERFUMES and DEODORANTS. Also MINT CHEWING afresh as a new habit.
- Keep a close watch on his SLEEP and APPETITE .
- Keep a close WATCH ON HIS SCREEN TIME EXPOSURE and the Nature of Content he prefers.
- Give him sufficient POCKET MONEY for his needs and accompany him, when he wants to go for SHOPPING. Ideal Parenting comes at a COST , in terms of money and time spent together with children.
- FOLLOW ALL THE ABOVE GUIDELINES_ till he enters his twenties and goes to Senior College.
You have justified your ROLE PLAY as a responsible PARENT.
Moral of this LESSON as a narrative blog :
PREVENTION IS always BETTER, EASIER and far more ECONOMICAL than a CURE – which is not always possible.
Dr . Dhananjay Shah
Ped. Practice of 40 years
@ Rajkot. Gujarat.